According to a March 2008 report from Medico Unlimited, more than 80 percent of all medical practices will experience a form of embezzlement during any five-year period. Potential signs of theft and embezzlement include fluctuations in expense accounts, practice revenue, increased billing complaints, clerical errors, questionable purchases and unusual employee behavior. BMC can review your internal controls to shield you against theft and embezzlement.
We can help shield you against theft and embezzlement.
- Organizational structure and functions
- Cash handling and inventory control procedures
- Comparison of profit and loss statement to benchmarks
- Check writing and reconciliation procedures
- Hiring practices, including background checks and employee
- Employee division of labor and cross training
- Frequency of independent audits