Compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) is critical to ensure patient confidentiality and medical records security as more and more data is put online. BMC can assist your medical practice in establishing policies and procedures to comply with HIPAA’s Privacy Standards, Security Standards, and Transactions and Code Sets Standards. We’ll start with a comprehensive review of your privacy and security policies, including your electronic data transmission standards.
- Assistance with screening and designating an internal “privacy official”
- Implementing management training
- Establishing an ongoing training curriculum
- Conducting a HIPAA risk assessment
- Developing disaster recovery strategies and contingency